To Create an ISTS ID and to complete an Online Team Registration Go directly to www.usssa.com, then go to the Baseball section.
STEP 1. Creating a manager's ISTS ID
The first thing a manager must do is to create an ISTS ID. After you've done this once, you'll never have to do it again, regardless of how many teams you register over the years or even if you register teams in different sports. If you've created an ISTS ID in the past and remember what it is, then skip this section. If you've created one, but can't remember the ID and password, click on "Recover ID & Password" under "Teams & Participants" section on the top menu bar. To create an ID, go to "Create User ID" (2nd link on the top menu bar) and follow the instructions. There is no fee to create a manager's ID.
STEP 2. Registering a team after creating a manager's ID
- Go to "Log In / Log Out" (far right link on the top menu bar).
- Make sure the drop down box on the top left side indicates "Baseball", as it sometimes defaults to "Slow Pitch".
- Go to "Register / Create Baseball Team"
- A couple of reminders for "Team Name":
- Use standard case, neither all upper nor all lower (eg, type as Hometown Heroes). Please check to make sure that you've spelled your team name correctly before you submit it. The system does not allow a manager to change the spelling of a team once it's been submitted.
- There can only be one name per team. So if you're part of an organization that has teams with the same name in several age brackets, distinguish your team as Hometown Heroes 12U.
- If your organization has more than one team in an age bracket, then enter the name as Hometown Heroes 16U xxxxx, where xxxxx is some distinguishing word like a color or the manager's name.
- Do not list your age bracket first. In other words, submit Hometown Heroes 14U, NOT 14U Hometown Heroes.
- Team city and state is where the team in principally domiciled, which in most cases is the address of the manager. However, if the manager lives in a different state than where the team should be registered, a city and state should be used that is more indicative of where the team is from.
- Choose what class that you think best represents your team's status. Keep in mind that as the season progresses USSSA reserves the right to change any team's classification.
STEP 3. Paying for your team registration
The next step is to pay for your team registration. Team registration is $55 for ages 14 and below and $70 for ages 15 and above. Once you complete the online payment, the system will automatically assign and email you your registration number instantly. At that point you're all set to purchase insurance, enter tournaments, enter your players onto your online roster, etc.