USSSA East Points Incentive Program
Points are awarded to member teams, based on their order of finish in USSSA Events. With so many of our teams accruing many points over the course of the season, we have decided to put those points to work for our teams!
The following chart breaks down how points are awarded for events
|Place||Orlando World Series||National Championships||State Tournament||NIT||Qualifiers|
*Note: All teams participating in USSSA Showcase events will receive 100 points, regardless of tournament results.
Here are the new and improved point system benefits for all of our teams:
- The team with the most points as of the start of a tournament will have choice of Home or Visitor in Pool Play. If teams are tied, Home or Visitor will be determined by a coin toss.
- When two teams with the same seed meet in Championship Play, the team with the most points as of the start of the tournament will have choice of Home or Visitor. If teams are tied, Home or Visitor will be determined by a coin toss. Note: If different seeded teams meet in Championship Play, the higher seed will still have choice of Home or Visitor.
- Seeding for the State Tournament will continue to be determined by a weighted average of USSSA Points and USSSA Power Rankings.
- At the conclusion of the season (July 31), Delaware and Maryland (combined) teams in the top 5% of point earnings in 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U ages will win their choice of any Worth/Rawlings bat, two dozen new Worth Red Dot softballs and 25% off certain other Worth/Rawlings equipment to be made available through the new www.usssa1.com website.
Note: A, B & C classifications will be combined within each age and the winning quantity of teams will be rounded down to the nearest whole number (eg. If an age division has 93 Maryland and Delaware teams combined, then the top 4 point earners will receive the credit). Odd aged teams will be included with the appropriate even age group where they are eligible. For example, 13U teams shall be included with the 14U teams.
Credits must be used during the subsequent season for only events run by the USSSA East Office. Credit is non-transferrable and not redeemable for cash. In order to redeem a credit, a team must return at least two thirds of its roster and register by the same team name or as part of the same organization in the subsequent season.
The following events will be NITs (3X Points) in 2017:
- Diamonds R 4Ever – April 22 & 23
- Wins for Warriors – May 27, 28 & 29
- Blue-Gray Summer Shootout – July 1 & 2
The following events will be a part of the 2017 Double Points Weekends (select weekends where point values noted above in chart are double) in Maryland and Delaware:
- Crabtown Crackdown and Salisbury Spring FASTival – April 29 & 30
- The Black Eyed Susan and First State Frenzy I – May 20 & 21